Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sonic the Hedgehog

This whole idea of completing all my games came up from deciding to replay the original Sonic games.  They are some of my favourite childhood games, but at the time I didn't have the skill to beat them.  So, I decided to try my hand at the series before it plummeted down hill as fast as Sonic.


Sonic the Hedgehog was the first game I had on my Sega Genesis.  It still remember playing it the first time through and dieing repeatedly on our first encounter with Dr.Robotnik.  For anyone that knows about this swinging ball encounter, you understand how bad this 5-year-old me and his dad were at video games.  While I have beat it in the last few years, I never did as a kid, I didn't have the patience for the Underwater Labyrinth zones.

Anyhow, I sat down yesterday to give it a spin and get a feel for the game again.  Turns out I've still got the feel for it and beat it one try.  Granted, the chase sequence at the end of the Labyrinth zone and the Scrap Yard zone knocked good portions of my lives off.  I also missed one of the chaos emeralds in what I still think is one of the most drug-induced bonus rounds to date.

Sonic 1 is now completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment