Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

The next game on the list to beat is Sonic 2.


My understanding is that this was the Sonic that actually put him on the map.  The introduction of the spin dash, tighter controls and a less drab colour scheme made a huge difference from its predecessor. I believe Sega eventually included this with the Genesis instead of Sonic 1.

Colour scheme comparison between Sonic 1 (left) and Sonic 2 (right).

I definately played this more than the original Sonic, soley because of the spin dash.  Getting back up to pace without the spin dash just seemed too cumbersome.  Typical youth impatience.

 I've reached the final boss as both a youth and adult many times, but never actually beat him (it?).  I've used countless lives and continues, to the point it's pathetic.  Getting to the boss should be fairly easy, but I have a feeling I'm going to fail at least once trying to beat him.

Conditions for completion:
-kill final boss after collecting all the emeralds

No comments:

Post a Comment