Monday, October 25, 2010

Sonic the Hedgehog 3

Science World, of all places, was where I first got to try out Sonic 3.


I know I played the first level a fair bit, but I don't recall ever getting very far through Sonic 3.  Perhaps a couple play throughs will jog my memory.  Like, Sonic 2, the aesthetics look fairly different from it's predecessor.  This time around, the Sega team kept a similar colour palette to Sonic 2, but added a lot more detail to the surroundings. (Sorry about the crappy image comparison, but I still need to get some console recording hardware).

Sonic 2 (left) detail compared to Sonic 3 (right)
While checking to see where Sonic CD fit into the series, I was surprised to find out that it was built in tandem with Sonic 2, by a seperate team.  Apparently it received good reviews, but it never gained much popularity because well...who owned a SEGA CD?  I'm not going to play in series with the rest of the Soinc collection, because the story doesn't follow the same arc. Anyhow, off to break down that big fatty again...

No comments:

Post a Comment