Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sonic the Hedgehog 3: Death Egg Relaunch Halted

The sonic team must have been a bunch of Star Wars nerds, they just weren't able to let the Death Egg rest in peace.

Hmmm...that Death Egg looks familiar.
Anyhow, I beat the third of the series in one go.  Turns out I had played it a fair bit but never passed the Carnival Night zone because of the floating rotating barrel things. (I'm not the only one)



 Using the barrels is not intuitive.  Sometimes, even if you're 'using' them it doesn't work, and even when you are 'using' them, it can be hard to tell what you're doing is working.  When I originally played this, my young self probably did not have access to any internet guides, so I was just stuck on that zone.  It's too bad, because the ice cap zone turned out to be one of my favourites in the series. As Sonic, you get a classy little snowboard sequence!


Learn more at the Gaming Wiki

 
I forgot to mention it on the completion of Sonic 2, but the special stages are horrible.  Same follows for Sonic 3.  They both tried to be "3D", but just wound up being sloppy controlled 2.5D not-so-fun-I'll-just-skip-that bonus rounds.  Acid-induced Sonic 1 bonus rounds are far superior.  Needless to say I dropped the chaos emerald completion aspects for both Sonic 2 and 3.



Sonic 2 Bonus Stage



On to Sonic & Knuckles!

No comments:

Post a Comment